- 10/15/2018 – Final CAD model of the updated V5 design completed.
- 10/21/2018 – V5 system engineering documentation page officially released, V4 design now obsolete.
- 10/21/2018 – V5 system CAD model integrated with the Integrated High Vacuum Test Stand Model.
- 11/10/2018 – V5 system vacuum engineering calculations complete.
- 11/26/2018 – Molecular flow simulations for the V5 system completed using Molflow+.
- 11/27/2018 – Molecular flow simulation results analysis completed. Simulation overview and results analysis page released.
The Small Scale Multipurpose High Vacuum System V5 is a highly modular and compact testing platform for exploring the scaling of high power beam systems. The system is based off of prior design work iterations from V1-V4, and represents the final design of the system going forward. The system utilizes the Integrated High Vacuum Test Stand for high vacuum pumping. The V5 design features a small chamber based off of a 2.75″ conflat 5-way cross, allowing for direct viewing of experiments through the front viewport, as well as three experimental inputs. In addition, two inputs are located on the high vacuum pipeline for vacuum instrumentation. A manual 2.75″ gate valve allows for isolation of the chamber from the main pump. The system will be used to explore a wide variety of experiments associated with intense e-beam generation and ion beam generation.
- High Vacuum Chamber: 5 Way 2.75″ CF Cross
- High Vacuum Pipeline: 4 Way 2.75″ CF Cross
- High Vacuum Isolation Valve: 2.75″ Manual Gate Valve
- High Vacuum Sensor: Pfeiffer HPT-100 Wide Range Vacuum Transducer
- Viewport: 2.75″ CF Kodial Glass Viewport
- Number of Diagostic Ports: 2
- Number of Input Ports: 3
- Ultimate Rated Vacuum: TBD
- Supported R&D Experiments: Scaled intense electron beam sources, scaled intense ion sources
ENGINEERING DESIGN CALCULATIONS
- COMING SOON!