The AIS-PFV1 Piezoelectric Fuel Valve is an experimental modular and integrated custom fuel control design for the AIS-ADAMANT Series systems. The compact valve uses the same 50mm diameter form factor as the AIS-SFDS Sublimation Fuel Delivery System, as well as various ADAMANT Series thrusters like the AIS-EHT1 Micro End-Hall Thruster, while only adding an additional 7mm of height to the fuel tank and thruster stack assembly. The fuel valve revolves around a simple piezoelectric element to block sublimated Adamantane gas from the SFDS until ready to fire the thruster, at less than 1W required power, directly integrating with the SFDS and thruster design.
UPDATE: AS OF 03/08/2021, THE AIS-PFV1 IS OBSOLETE AND DEVELOPMENT HAS BEEN CLOSED OUT IN FAVOR OF A NEW MICRO-VALVE SOLUTION BASED OFF OF MICRO-SOLENOID TECHNOLOGY.
- System Type: Piezoelectric Fuel Valve
- Fuel: Adamantane
- Power: <1W
- Blocking Force: 1.5N
- Size: 50mm D x 7mm H
- Compatible Systems: AIS-SFDS, AIS-EHT1, AIS-AHT1
- Status: OBSOLETE
- 01/20/2021 – First conceptual CAD models of the AIS-PFV1 revealed
- 01/28/2021 – 3D printed parts for first prototype arrived from Xometry
- 03/08/2021 – The PFV1 prototype development has officially ended and is now OBSOLETE